Wow, there are some Negative Nancys out in the world today – going on and on about how awful 2011 was.
[begin preachy cliches here]
The way I see it, if you ended 2011 alive and in a position to go online…on a computer… which is presumably connected to some form of electricity… bitching about how terrible the year was, then you’re better off than a lot of people. Come on, folks, let your experiences make you a better person. Learn to love the lows as much as the highs, for it’s when we’re at our very lowest that we learn the most about ourselves, about how much we can handle, how strong we are. Every one of us has had hard times, but we’re all still here. We’re that much better for it. 2011 may have been the lowest 300+ days of your life, but you made it through. You survived. You may have scars, but remember, chicks dig scars.
[end preachy cliches]
And now, what you can expect from yours truly this year…
- The release of “Love and Chekhov” hopefully in time for Summer beach reading season. (I should probably get busy.)
- The completion of “The Last Girl” final draft. (The rough draft should be done this week, but it probably won’t be released until later in 2013, if we survive the dreaded apocalypse.)
- The completion of the rough draft of the tentatively titled “Confessions of a 20-Something Tramp” and no, it’s not autobiographical. What kinda girl do you think I am?
- The completion of the rough draft of “George and Ruthie” for 2012 NaNoWriMo. (This one’s been outlined and waiting to be written for over 2 years now. I think it’s time.)
- Continued postings of random thoughts, funnies, complaints, and such here in the journal.
- The ground shaking in the 479 as I continue my running program I’ve been steadily working on since last January. (Hey, I lost about 20 pounds since last January. If I could lose 20 more this year… and the year after… and so on, I’ll reach my goal weight by… [works out some quick math]… 2016.)
- Postings about class reunions. Some good, some bad, some nervous chatter. (My high school class is celebrating a milestone this year and I’m still not sure how I feel about it.)
- You can also expect me to continue loving life. All of it. Not just the good.
- Oh, and wine. There will be lots of wine consumed this year.
Happy New Years, y’all!
PS. And hone my banjo skills. I forgot to add that. Definitely another resolution I need to keep!